Skip to main content


TAKE THREE…
You may have rightly observed that this blog post carries with it not a heading, and that it is because at the beginning of the week I had decided to write something, the middle of the week another and at the tail end yet another. I’ll open you up to my earlier intentions – first, I felt compelled to pen a piece concerning worrying (and its variants i.e., panic attacks, tension, anxiety you get the drift) because I felt like, and actually noted on my notebook, the reason why worrying shouldn’t even exist in our vocabulary as believers is simply since everything the Lord has purposed for us He did it before time so whatever and wherever we are going is simply a predestination. If I can spend a minute on this thought though…
You see, it is just amazing how life becomes when you hand over the reins to the Lord. He simply cares for us more than we do ourselves. And this is incredible! I am thinking, si I am already planning my life making it the best there is and will ever be (God is hysteric), on the flipside there is someone else who’s also planning the same for me and tell you what His plan is the best. So, as I will be living life and watching everything fall into its rightful place according to plan, I imagine I’ll be having a checklist which whenever I achieve a certain milestone I tick, and Guy will be ticking His as well. It naturally follows that many a times when what I want, which is in my plan, won’t be anything close to what I get but the Guy laughs at this and quips, I HAVE GOT THE BEST PLAN FOR HIM! And this is so much the life we have been called to live. A life where all cares, worries and plans are in better hands since He requires us to cast them all on Him. If this man could endure death, pain, beatings, mockeries, desertion, betrayal and denial all for my sake, how now would He give me a life where I get to carry the same cross? But we will say, actually I say, I am but just a mortal being! Surely, Jesus understands nothing we go through as humans. Blatantly forgets that He led a life as human which can only mean that He’s got our perspective, our picture and our fair share of what we go through hunger, clothes, shelter to mention but a few. Does that counter the feeble argument that we front every time something out of the ordinary happens. How again would we be consumed so much into our worries when he says He’s a righteous father who disciplines us through the trials and challenges that He allows our way? Remember Job’s story, Satan could only go so far to the extent he didn’t meddle with Job’s soul. Job’s reward we all know. Therefore, be anxious about nothing and pray about everything and remember your worries can do nothing concerning your troubles.
It is on this same week that I was honored to share in at a worship forum on the topic BROKEN WORSHIP. Can I spend another on this one too? Broken can be in two ways; we say we are broken when our hearts have been dealt a major blow and we will be understood to be broken if the thought of Christ enduring death and taking away all our past, present and future is too much to wrap our heads through. On the latter, we end up wondering, how much reverence accrues to this man who atoned all my sins and continues to shoulder them plus rid me of them every single moment that I sin? You may have heard that humans naturally gravitate towards sin. That’s to say if there were two doors marked ‘HOLINESS’ and ‘SIN’ I will by default check into the second. It is the same thing at the matatu stage I have never understood how on earth I bypass an old jalopy often playing on stereo and board the pimpiest, sleekiest type that is on loud bang! It is a major debate I always hold within my faculties and as soon as I resolve to STOP and CONSIDER the following day nitajipata nishaingia manyanga…struggle is real! Back to broken worship…David says of the Lord that He delights not on the sacrifices of men (burnt offerings, I don’t know incense et cetera) and what He desires and what pleasures Him is just a broken and a contrite. When we open our lips and our mouths show forth praise it would be that design! The woman washing Jesus feet with her tears, drying them with her long hair and pouring oil on them from an alabaster jar she had saved up all her life marvels at the one question; how much of my worship does this man deserve for all that He has done to and for me? And that there ladies and gents should be our approach to worship. That is what is called broken worship. It is the highest form of surrendered worship that can be ascribed to God having promised too much and delivered a lot. A worship we lift up with humility yet with splendor knowing all too well who God is, has been and will be.
Finally my last thought is a question I was asked regarding the new song PEACE by Hillsong Young and Free specifically the video. Now, I haven’t watched nor listened to this song (yet I have it on my playlist) for a very good reason. A day after it was released I watched a critic video of it and the author pestered me not to watch it saying that its video was replete with gothic graphics and that sort of stuff. In fact, I didn’t even finish watching the video I hurtled fast to I guess Hallelujah by Kofi. And these are my two cents concerning both the song and the video. Hillsong has been in the business of blessing my heart since I was a young kid. Does it mean now that they have changed without notice? That I don’t know. The video’s publisher alluded to its demonic content contrary to what a good Christian targeted product should contain. Well, on that I am yet to consider a standard that has already been established to certify a video fit for Christian consumption. I believe music is art and has a narrow niche which it targets and in this case Young & Free…you got the word! If those guys thought that the content would resonate with young peeps judge them who? But I’ll watch it now and wire back a detailed analysis.

Happy Easter people! And a bonus thought you can chew on during the season: the blood of slain lamb marked the doorposts of the Israelites so that when the angel of death was passing he would distinguish their households from the Egyptians’ sparing their lives. Jesus is the Lamb of God and the heart that will be marked by His blood shall not die but will live to declare the goodness of the Lord to the living and will be entitled to eternal life. Again, Just a thought!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGE SOURCE: knowingjesus.com NEW MONTH…SAME SIMPLE REASSURANCE It is the second day to a whole new April; a month that I have heaped a truckload of expectations; a month that I feel we ought to go through a few sincere thoughts and facts about this God we call Father and because He is really our Father, it’s not an attribute or title that we christen Him, it is just the way things are. It is who He is. My intention is to really keep this brief but concise. There are many character traits that would run through your mind when asked to attach an adjective that would best describe God not necessarily as a result of any experience but just a befitting word for who you think He is. I woke up this Monday thinking of the Lord’s goodness in my life. I cringe at the thought of waking up to a world with no God simply because I couldn’t deal. There is this friend of mine who we’ve been praying and faithing in God for a job and it struck me that she’d entertain the thought of Him

A BELIEF IS ALL WE GOT

First things first: I have written before; I have written exam papers, messages and research articles but was yet to assume a perfect impactful writing trajectory where words could create worlds…where words can inspire, stir and evoke emotions and debate, shape character, correct or even educate. Earlier this week I toyed with the idea of manipulating my friend into guest-blogging on her site when I get time because well commitment and establishment is quite something. Initially, I had plans of writing a well-structured Christian response to feminism and why exactly I am of the opinion that inasmuch as it is a valid and timely topic, it shouldn’t be on our airwaves too much as to distract us from our common course but given my inexperience (as well as the potential gnashing of teeth I would cause) I slowly slid that idea under the carpet but promised to REVISIT (and I will). Akin to feminism and ideological ‘wranglelism’ is the argument mirror mirror on the wall who’s the faires