Skip to main content


IMAGE SOURCE: knowingjesus.com

NEW MONTH…SAME SIMPLE REASSURANCE
It is the second day to a whole new April; a month that I have heaped a truckload of expectations; a month that I feel we ought to go through a few sincere thoughts and facts about this God we call Father and because He is really our Father, it’s not an attribute or title that we christen Him, it is just the way things are. It is who He is. My intention is to really keep this brief but concise.
There are many character traits that would run through your mind when asked to attach an adjective that would best describe God not necessarily as a result of any experience but just a befitting word for who you think He is. I woke up this Monday thinking of the Lord’s goodness in my life. I cringe at the thought of waking up to a world with no God simply because I couldn’t deal. There is this friend of mine who we’ve been praying and faithing in God for a job and it struck me that she’d entertain the thought of Him being out of touch with her reality…(I am actually kidding since we are prone to think this way whenever our long-suffering is in the red zone). The idea of waiting on God as well as His way of doing things is simply easier said than done. It is actually very natural to think that He has lost our connection. It has actually become a habit to me. Furthermore, it is good identifying a problem because a solution becomes necessary and inevitable. Therefore, this is the background behind this post - a candid reminder of God’s goodness as a reassurance that we need for this month. This is what I wrote back to her which is what I believe:
I'm listening to this song and I'm getting this feeling that you too need to have a listen too. It's called ‘King of My Heart’ and it's largely by Jesus Culture. And there's this profound declaration regarding God 'You are Good...You're never gonna let me down' and I wish you can chew on that for a moment. In everything that the Lord does even at this moment, during this season that you think and feel he's unconcerned or taking too long, is one word GOOD and he never lets his beloved down because that would make

him a bad and irresponsible father. He's fully in the business of lavishing on us his goodness. Don't fret. Don't falter. Be anxious not and keep on trusting Him even when it makes zero sense.”

This summarizes my prayer for us that we shall hold fast the fact that our God is a good father and He never abandons His own even when trusting in Him and believing in His promises consistently appears frail in terms of logic, unwise in terms of reason and outrageous in terms of reality.

HAPPY NEW MONTH! GOD IS WORTH THE WAIT.

Comments

  1. I love...Exactly what He has been speaking to me. 'Believe that I am and that I am a rewarder of those who diligently seek Me'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be still and know that He is God. He's in control! That realization is my everything!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A BELIEF IS ALL WE GOT

First things first: I have written before; I have written exam papers, messages and research articles but was yet to assume a perfect impactful writing trajectory where words could create worlds…where words can inspire, stir and evoke emotions and debate, shape character, correct or even educate. Earlier this week I toyed with the idea of manipulating my friend into guest-blogging on her site when I get time because well commitment and establishment is quite something. Initially, I had plans of writing a well-structured Christian response to feminism and why exactly I am of the opinion that inasmuch as it is a valid and timely topic, it shouldn’t be on our airwaves too much as to distract us from our common course but given my inexperience (as well as the potential gnashing of teeth I would cause) I slowly slid that idea under the carpet but promised to REVISIT (and I will). Akin to feminism and ideological ‘wranglelism’ is the argument mirror mirror on the wall who’s the faires
TAKE THREE… You may have rightly observed that this blog post carries with it not a heading, and that it is because at the beginning of the week I had decided to write something, the middle of the week another and at the tail end yet another. I’ll open you up to my earlier intentions – first, I felt compelled to pen a piece concerning worrying (and its variants i.e., panic attacks, tension, anxiety you get the drift) because I felt like, and actually noted on my notebook, the reason why worrying shouldn’t even exist in our vocabulary as believers is simply since everything the Lord has purposed for us He did it before time so whatever and wherever we are going is simply a predestination. If I can spend a minute on this thought though… You see, it is just amazing how life becomes when you hand over the reins to the Lord. He simply cares for us more than we do ourselves. And this is incredible! I am thinking, si I am already planning my life making it the best there is and wi