Skip to main content

A BELIEF IS ALL WE GOT

First things first: I have written before; I have written exam papers, messages and research articles but was yet to assume a perfect impactful writing trajectory where words could create worlds…where words can inspire, stir and evoke emotions and debate, shape character, correct or even educate. Earlier this week I toyed with the idea of manipulating my friend into guest-blogging on her site when I get time because well commitment and establishment is quite something. Initially, I had plans of writing a well-structured Christian response to feminism and why exactly I am of the opinion that inasmuch as it is a valid and timely topic, it shouldn’t be on our airwaves too much as to distract us from our common course but given my inexperience (as well as the potential gnashing of teeth I would cause) I slowly slid that idea under the carpet but promised to REVISIT (and I will).
Akin to feminism and ideological ‘wranglelism’ is the argument mirror mirror on the wall who’s the fairest of them all among Christians. It is this enterprise of proving to the world why my style, form and denomination of belief is the best and why still, they should pack their buses, abandon their trails and jump ship. We all like winning. I do myself…a lot actually. It is the way we acquire respect. Winning souls has been our holy grail and in doing that we have ventured into carrying out crusades to all nations wooing them to believe in Christ – which at face value is such a noble thing. (Matthew 28:16-20). The Son of Man is yet to return until the good news has been heard by all. (Matthew 24:14). Since the harvest is bountiful and we happen to be the few laborers it would impress on us the urge to have each one of us reach at least another. Let me digress a little, it is not too long ago when there was this idea being flied around that one won’t enter heaven if they haven’t gotten at least a soul there. It really shocked me because back then I wouldn’t see how I’d go all over my primary school campus converting everyone from whatever their belief was to Christ. It was a burdensome and somewhat punitive idea for Christ to require everyone as a prerequisite to tag along a buddy. But, - that is when I was a child, reasoned and acted like one – overtime I have appreciated the call to manifest, invest and advertise Jesus to the world as the icing on our calling. My idea has been if I truly love I won’t derelict to perish. Be it as it may, I am at Romans 7:15-20 wishing to do but not doing, in fact being the thorn in Christ’s flesh but more the reason I need salvation (perfection needs no salvation I consistently hold.)
Back to the expressway, I am of the opinion that we have outdone ourselves in the effort to show people to Christ. We are living in a world which pastor Rick Warren observes is spiritually starving. We are living in a world still fixated on tradition and religionism. But notice, religion was not what Christ left us, his bequest to us was a belief. We have spent our entire prime arguing among ourselves on who praises enough, lives purest and worships most extravagantly than all. Him or her (I just jumped a feminism hurdle or missed their missile altogether) becomes the standard we look up to. There are a barrage of scripture which goes into demonstrating our fallibility yet we are still deceived that if I praise like so and so, if I disrupted my friendship closet, if I showed up in more fellowships like nani does maybe then I’ll earn acceptance and credence into the Jesus community.
It is not entirely a bad concept to have pacesetters in belief but it is calamitous to transform them into a mirror against which we judge whether we are fair enough. You see Christ is the standard and we are just followers how then can a fellow follower purport to be the leader? Just how? Jesus is the perfect one. He actually made person God’s profound love and government, according to Bible Tools. Jesus is sinless and is the man we all aspire to be not fellow sinners. The beauty with our faith is that unlike anything else we do not do anything to earn right-standing with God. Old and overused, it is not a performance contract. All we have got to do is believe Jesus, in His might and righteousness. We ain’t in no beauty contest. We are pilgrims on earth and should not let anything hold us back or divesting our focus. The more time we spend wanting to be like Fulani is the more distant we become from the threshold- the one we should look up to. Jesus is no stabilizer, preservative or stimulant, He’s Lord. He’s the way – the highway – and not a feeder path into some main-way we call perfection. Jesus for emphasis sake is the all way.
Finally, I beseech all brethren who will click on this link, let us aspire to let Jesus wrought in us the perfect belief that is in Him; serving him relentlessly and allowing him to consistently perfect us.

Comments

  1. Halleluyahhh...This is so beautiful...and soo truee...No comparisons..only Christ is the standard. I love😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Number One.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TAKE THREE… You may have rightly observed that this blog post carries with it not a heading, and that it is because at the beginning of the week I had decided to write something, the middle of the week another and at the tail end yet another. I’ll open you up to my earlier intentions – first, I felt compelled to pen a piece concerning worrying (and its variants i.e., panic attacks, tension, anxiety you get the drift) because I felt like, and actually noted on my notebook, the reason why worrying shouldn’t even exist in our vocabulary as believers is simply since everything the Lord has purposed for us He did it before time so whatever and wherever we are going is simply a predestination. If I can spend a minute on this thought though… You see, it is just amazing how life becomes when you hand over the reins to the Lord. He simply cares for us more than we do ourselves. And this is incredible! I am thinking, si I am already planning my life making it the best there is and wi
IMAGE SOURCE: knowingjesus.com NEW MONTH…SAME SIMPLE REASSURANCE It is the second day to a whole new April; a month that I have heaped a truckload of expectations; a month that I feel we ought to go through a few sincere thoughts and facts about this God we call Father and because He is really our Father, it’s not an attribute or title that we christen Him, it is just the way things are. It is who He is. My intention is to really keep this brief but concise. There are many character traits that would run through your mind when asked to attach an adjective that would best describe God not necessarily as a result of any experience but just a befitting word for who you think He is. I woke up this Monday thinking of the Lord’s goodness in my life. I cringe at the thought of waking up to a world with no God simply because I couldn’t deal. There is this friend of mine who we’ve been praying and faithing in God for a job and it struck me that she’d entertain the thought of Him